Thursday, April 5, 2007

I WON!!


Ok all, this little ole CT wedding photographer is simply walking on air here since I just heard that I was the Grand Prize winner of The Best of Weddings Contest through Eventpix/WPPI out in Vegas!!! I win a new Fuji S5 Pro, a full set of Kevin Kubota's actions, some framed prints of my images, and the winning image posted on the Eventpix site for 6 months. (I was really hoping for a leg lamp). This really is a major accomplishment considering the talent/images entered in the contest and I am speechless. All I can say is WOW!

8 comments:

  1. thanks man! I just received my camera! So, I open up the box and there are 2 checks in there as well! (Which I totally forgot about). $750!! It was like finding money in the pocket of an old pair of pants! Now I can buy a lens for this puppy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam, I saw your post on Stevedepino.com's site and wanted to congratualte you on your win! How exciting is THAT?? Beautiful image by the by- where was that shot/ dare I say Hartford City Hall?? I am a Hartford Gal myself! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carla! Yes..very exciting indeed! I still can't believe it. I am sitting here with over $3k in prizes. I feel like a little kid at Christmastime!And, you are correct..it is Hartford City Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sam, that's awesome! Congrats on winning big! I'd love to see how that S5 looks. Also would love to see the new studio/ get to meet you... you just tell when and where and we'll be there! = J =

    ReplyDelete
  5. By all means Justin! I am really looking forward to opening the studio. It is actually right around the corner from the mural you used in your engagement session. It is on State Street in a building called The Crocker House. I will post it to the blog when I am officially open. I am due to open on July 1st but I think I may take a month to get settled in before I actually start doing business. Either way, you and anyone else are welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read your Blog. Congrats on your 1st place. Beautiful photos.
    Portraits by Karleen

    ReplyDelete